Good Morning Everyone
How are you all today? I hope you managed to find something lovely and snuggly to do yesterday. Wasn't the weather grey?! We even had the heating on here which I was especially grateful for after I was caught in a shower walking Roger!
Another busy day at Akeley for me today so how about a little quiz for you to try with your family. Why not look at it together over the weekend and send in your answers. Perhaps you could come up with a team name for your family and even design them a logo!
Good Luck and have a fabulous weekend.
With all best wishes,
1.Which planet in the Solar System is famous for its rings?
2.What word starting with the letter 'A' is any person from which one is descended?
3.What type of mythical animal did St George, the patron saint of England, slay?
4. In which country are the world famous ancient pyramid-shaped structures?
5. Which science is the study of rocks?
6. On what date in December is Boxing Day?
7. Do you know the last name of the brothers Orville and Wilbur who are famous for making the first ever plane flight?
8. Can you name the tallest structure in the French capital city, Paris?
9. Can you name the largest country in South America?
10. Oompa Loompas are a group of workers in which children’s book?
11. Checkmate is a winning move in which game?
12. Tower Bridge is a suspension bridge over which river?
13. How many vowels are there in the English alphabet?
14. What word can be a folder for paper and also a woodworking tool?
15. Which animal is known as the 'Ship of the Desert'?
16. When does a nocturnal animal sleep, at night or in the day?
17. The RAF defend the United Kingdom in the air - what do the letters RAF stand for?
18. How many years are there in a decade?
19. What does the abbreviation 'www' stand for?
20. Who wrote the children's book ?
21. In the nursery rhyme, where did the old lady with too many kids live?
22. Starting with the letter 'B' what is the name of the stick that is used by conductors to direct musicians?
23. How many legs does a spider have?
24. What type of crop is usually grown in paddy fields?
25. 'Merci' means 'thank you' in which European language?
26. If 'alpha' is the first letter, what is the second letter in the Greek alphabet?
27. Which famous book by Charles Dickens is about an orphan born in a workhouse?
28. The Ming dynasty was a ruling dynasty 500-years ago in which country?
29. How many days are there in a fortnight?
30. In which season of the year do trees shed their leaves?