Good morning everyone
How are you all this morning? It's Friday again already - hooray!
What do you have planned for the weekend? We are all very excited as we are getting our hair cut.....not such a problem for Mr Wrigley!!
Oli is meeting up with a couple of friends and we have the family quiz to look forward to on Saturday night. It has all the makings of a fun weekend!
Oli and Finn both 'break up' today so they are now looking forward to lazy Summer days. Ben and I have another week left and Ben is looking forward to seeing his Year 6 friends at the leavers get together on Thursday. I however, am not looking forward to him leaving and keep crying! Anyone who knows me will know that is pretty odd behaviour for me and Mr Wrigley and the boys keep giggling at me!!
So, shall we have a quiz?
Have a go at these and let me know how you get on.
Have a great weekend and look after yourselves.
With very best wishes
- 'The Star-Spangled Banner' is the national anthem of which country?
- Justin Bieber comes from which country?
- Which large stringed musical instrument would you associate with the country called Wales?
- Jade Thirlwall and Perrie Edwards are singers in which group?
- Composer Prokofiev wrote which famous musical composition for children?
- Victoria Beckham and Emma Bunton used to sing together in which pop group?
- Starting with the letter 'x', which musical instrument consists of wooden bars struck by a mallet?
- 'Pure Imagination' is a song from which children's film?
- Who won lots of awards for her pop song 'Hello'?
- Which musical instrument consisting of a small hoop with metal discs inserted along its frame, is held with one hand, whilst shaking, or striking with the other hand?
- In the nursery song 'The Wheels on the Bus' what goes 'swish, swish, swish'?
- In which movie do orphans sing the song 'Food Glorious Food'?
- Freddie Mercury was leader singer with which legendary pop group?
- Is Beethoven famous for pop music, classical music, or jazz?
- In the young children's song, what exactly 'climbed up the waterspout'?
- How do you make a musical sound using maracas?
- Which musical brass instrument was played by Louis Armstrong?
- 'The Bare Necessities' is a song from which animated 1967 Disney film?
- 'Chopsticks' is a piece of music composed for which instrument (it's called 'chopsticks' because you strike keys with a chopping motion)?
- What name is given to a musical instrument that makes a sound by being struck?
- Complete the title of the following song from the musical film Mary Poppins: 'A Spoonful Of...'?
- The ukulele looks like a small version of which instrument?
- Can you name the musical instrument which is a small bar of metal bent into a three-sided shape?
- 'When You Wish upon a Star' was sung by Jiminy Cricket in which disney film?
- 'Circle of Life' is a song from which 1994 animated Disney film?
- How many strings does a violin have?
- The Beatles, a 1960s pop group, came from which city?
- What colour keys are there on a piano?
- As of 2020, Sir Tom Jones and Will.i.am are judges on which British television show?
- Who has fans called Beliebers?
- Which animal does the clarinet represent in Peter and the Wolf?
- Which letter comes after Jessie to give the full name of a singer?
- What name is given to the thin round metal plates that come with a drum set?
- Which wind instrument would you associate with Scotland?
- What name is given to the person that stands in front of an orchestra, directing with a baton?
- Robbie Williams used to sing with which pop group?